Intern with the Museum
Application deadline: November 1st
The Museum offers internships for current undergraduate and graduate students, and recent graduates (within one year of graduation). High-school students may also be considered. Internships are available during the summer, spring, and fall semesters, as well as during the academic year.
While some financial awards may be available (see individual internship descriptions and description of the Rosemary Kennedy Internship Initiative below), most interns are volunteers. We are always happy to coordinate with academic programs as needed to ensure due credit is received by current students. Summer interns also participate in a robust professional development program, including field trips, Lunch + Learns, and more.
To apply, please send the following materials to Kristi McMillan, Adult Programs Manager via email or mail (PO Box 1717, Asheville, NC 28802):
- Internship application form. Click here to download the form.
- Letter of interest: A 1 – 2 page letter indicating why you are applying for an internship at the Asheville Art Museum, your specific interest in and/or skills related to the internship(s) for which you are applying, and what you hope to contribute during your internship
- Writing sample: A 3 – 5 page paper from a class related to the internship(s) for which you are applying
- References: Internship program reference forms from two professional, educational, or character references in support of your application. (These forms may also be submitted by the reference directly to the Museum.) Click here to download the form.
- Transcript(s): Official or unofficial transcripts from each college or university attended
- Current resume or CV (optional)
Priority application deadlines are March 1 (summer), July 1 (fall semester or academic year), and November 1 (spring semester). Applications received after these dates may be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.