The Cratis D. Williams School of Graduate Studies is seeking applications from faculty interested in mentoring a Research Assistant to assist with the faculty member's research through the Graduate Research Assistant Mentoring (GRAM) Program. The GRAM is designed to provide research-active faculty the opportunity to mentor talented graduate students through collaborative work on the faculty members' research projects. Awards will be considered internal grants with the faculty member as PI.
Note: This competition is for a GRAM award cycle of Fall 2019-Spring 2021. We intend for this earlier competition to assist with recruiting for Fall 2019.
GRAM Program Applications - Due Sunday, October 28th, 2018
• The Graduate School anticipates awarding 10 new Graduate Research Assistant positions (GRAMs) for the 2019-2021 cycle.
• Students will be paid $12,000 per academic year for a commitment of 20 hours per week.
• Support is guaranteed for four contiguous academic-year terms only (excluding summers).• Since GRAM students are technically GRAs, they must meet all requirements for holding a GRA.
• GRAMs are not eligible for other graduate assistantships. They are eligible for all fellowships and scholarships, as well as research awards.
• Faculty mentors must be tenured/tenure track OR multi-year full-time research, clinical or professional faculty.
• Faculty mentors must have a documented track record of mentoring student research successfully (experience with undergraduate researchers is acceptable).
• Faculty mentors from departments without graduate programs are eligible, provided assistance from a graduate student in another field could be helpful to the faculty member's specific research agenda.
• Faculty who have been GRAM mentors must wait 1 year after the end of their GRAM awards before they are eligible to apply again.
Complete applications must be RECEIVED in the Graduate School by midnight on October 28th.
For more information, including a link to the application form: https://graduate.appstate.edu/faculty/faculty-awards-and-funding/gram-program