As we head into the Fall 2018 Semester, I wanted to share a few updates concerning the Health Professions Advising Office to our entire campus community.
- We are EXCITED to announce that we have hired a part-time professional advisor for the Fall semester! Jennifer Hege will begin seeing students with 45 or more credit hours earned and interested in graduate health professions programs when classes start on Tuesday, August 21st. She has an account in our appointment system, so students can schedule appointments online.
- We will have 13 HPA Peer Advisors for Fall 2018. They will continue seeing students with LESS than 45 credit hours earned.
- We will BEGIN the Fall 2018 in our Edwin Duncan Hall Space and expect to be in that space for the first two weeks of class.
- Once the BCHS transition to Levine Hall is complete, the HPA Office will maintain our primary presence on the main campus. However, our main campus space will be in transition until the Holmes Convocation Space is available. We will share weekly updates with our campus partners and students on where you can find us. These updates will be shared on asuinfo, to our student contact email list, on our website, and our Facebook page.
- Given the space transitions, we are currently updating appointment availability in our online system on a weekly basis. We will post appointment availability by Fridays at 12:00 pm for the upcoming week.
We appreciate your patience during the space transitions but are excited that we will be able to better serve students interested in graduate health professions programs with additional staff and programming.
Best Wishes, Celeste Crowe www.hpa.appstate.edu