- Hi everyone, We know there is tremendous uncertainty during this unprecedented time. We are all having to adjust and adapt. Many Health Professions programs speak about the competencies that want to see in their students. Resilience, Adaptability, and Capacity for Improvement are competencies that are highly valued. Think about the ways that this COVID-19 time is creating opportunities to develop and strengthen competencies and skills that will make you a better student and professional. The Health Professions Advising (Virtual) Office is OPEN for Business.
- You will find our most up-to-date information on our AppState HPA COVID Updates document
- Advising Appointments are available for Ms. Crowe, Ms. Sherrill, and the HPA Peer Advisors, but our schedule has changed a bit with our transition of working from home.
- Peer Advisor Appointment Availability will be shared in our appointment system on Fridays by 3:00 for the upcoming week. We have opened Peer Advisor appointments for next week.
- Peer Advisors will have Virtual Walk-In Hours this week from 12-3 Today-Friday.
- Our Applicant Assistance Opportunities will be available and we are working on updating and formatting our workshops for easy access to students and alumni. If you are planning to apply to Med, Dent, Opto programs Summer/Fall 2020, please complete this form to help with our tracking. If you are planning to apply to PA, PT, OT, AT, Vet Med, Pharm, please complete this form to help with our tracking.
- Want an easy way to keep track of our events and other events or dates that we share? Add our HPA Events and Other Important Information to your google calendar.
- We will be hosting and sharing information for a variety of virtual workshops, programming, health professions fairs, and other information. Your best way to stay up to date is to join our HPA listserv.
Celeste Crowe, Director (she, her, hers)
Health Professions Advising Office
Appalachian State University
PO Box 32147, Boone, NC 28608
Levine Hall 101N
Holmes Convocation Center 038
To schedule an appointment, call 828-262-8590
Due to COVID-19 Precautions, All HPA appointments and programming will be virtual and electronic for the foreseeable future.
Spring 2020 Appointment Hours
Ms. Crowe: Tues - Thurs PM in Holmes & Fri AM in Levine
Ms. Sherrill: Holmes and Levine
Peer Advisors: Tues-Thurs in Holmes
Join the HPA listserv