Open to all faculty, staff, & students.
|January 24, 2019||New alternatives to Google Scholar and Web of Science||3:00-4:00pm||John Wiswell||Register here||Learn about these two new, free, non-Google tools for searching the scientific and scholarly literature (articles mostly, and other products): Dimensions and The Lens. (See app.dimensions.ai and lens.org)|
What do I need to attend an online workshop?
- Any device with Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome.
- A minimum of a 56K modem.
- Speakers or headphones are required.
- A microphone or the ability to text Chat.
How do I register for an online workshop?
- Register for online workshops by clicking the Register Here link.
- Fill out the form to enroll
- A message will be sent to the provided email when you submit your enrollment that contains a URL to attend the workshop.
How do I attend when it is time for the workshop?
- Be sure to log in 20 minutes before the scheduled workshop. Use this time to test your microphone and speaker settings through the auto wizard.
- The workshops will start on time, so there will not be any time for troubleshooting during the workshop.
What if I cannot fit a session into my schedule?
All online workshops are recorded and archived below in the View Past Sessions section. Or, librarians can schedule one-on-one sessions either in person or online to accommodate scheduling conflicts. Fill out the RAP request form and a librarian will contact you.