MHAs are App State students who are trained by Counseling Center staff to give presentations that raise awareness and fight stigmas about mental health. Applications are due March 1, 2019 and can be found at mha.appstate.edu/applications
How do I become a Mental Health Ambassador?
• Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Complete application and reference forms
• Must be responsible, motivated, and energetic
• Must be interested in mental health topics and promoting positive mental health
• Be able to commit to Fall and Spring semester involvement
• Be able to attend weekly club meetings on Friday afternoons at 3 PM and introductory training seminars on Thursday, August 15, 2019 and Friday, August 16, 2019
Benefits of becoming a Mental Health Ambassador:
• Meet a supportive community of people
• Develop leadership and communication skills
• Build up resume for graduate school or your career
• Gain experience in a mental health environment
Submit completed application packets (your application form and two reference forms) to Dr. Emily Lazar by campus mail or by dropping it off at the ASU Counseling Center (in the Miles Annas Student Support Building behind the Post Office). Application packets should be in a sealed envelope and are due Friday, March 1, 2019.
Contact Emily Lazar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-3180 with questions.